Marc Darrow, M.D., J.D., is one of the world’s most experienced Regenerative Medicine doctors. He has more than 25 years of expertise in regenerative medicine techniques and has treated thousands of patients. He uses non-surgical therapy to reduce pain in joints, tendons, ligaments, and a variety of other ailments and disorders throughout the body, including back and neck discomfort. He taught at UCLA and received Board Certification in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Joint Rehab and Sports Medical Center
Dr. Darrow is the founder and medical director of Joint Rehab and Sports Medical Center, a leading regenerative medicine clinic in Los Angeles, California.
Dr. Darrow is a pioneer in the non-surgical treatment of degenerative Musculoskeletal Disorders and sports-related injuries.
Dr. Darrow graduated from Northwestern University and has a medical degree from the University of Hawaii.
Dr. Darrow completed his Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency at the UCLA School of Medicine.
Prior to his medical career Dr. Darrow completed a Doctorate in Jurisprudence from Golden Gate University College of Law in San Francisco as well as a Masters in Business Taxation from the University of Southern California. He practiced law for 15 years prior to entering the practice of medicine.
- Short-Term Outcomes in Treatment of Knee Osteoarthritis With 4 Bone Marrow Concentrate Injections. Shaw B, Darrow M, Derian A. Short-Term Outcomes in Treatment of Knee Osteoarthritis With 4 Bone Marrow Concentrate Injections. Clin Med Insights Arthritis Musculoskelet Disord. 2018 Jun 18;11:1179544118781080. [Pubmed] [Google Scholar]
- Short-Term Outcomes of Treatment of Hip Osteoarthritis With 4 Bone Marrow Concentrate Injections: A Case Series. Darrow M, Shaw B, Darrow B, Wisz S. Short-Term Outcomes of Treatment of Hip Osteoarthritis With 4 Bone Marrow Concentrate Injections: A Case Series. Clin Med Insights Case Rep. 2018 Aug10;11:1179547618791574. [Pubmed] [Google Scholar]
- Treatment of Lower Back Pain with Bone Marrow Concentrate Darrow M, Shaw B. Treatment of Lower Back Pain with Bone Marrow Concentrate. Biomed J Sci&Tech Res.;7(2):018.
- [Pubmed] [Google Scholar]
- Treatment of Unresolved Lower Back Pain with platelet-rich plasma injections. Darrow M, Shaw B, Nicholas S, Li X, Boeger G. Treatment of unresolved lower back pain with platelet-rich plasma injections. Cogent Medicine. 2019 Jan 1;6(1):1581449. [Pubmed] [Google Scholar]
- Treatment of Shoulder Osteoarthritis and Rotator Cuff Tears with Bone Marrow Concentrate and Whole Bone Marrow Injections. Darrow M, Shaw B, Schmidt N, Boeger G, Budgett S. Treatment of shoulder osteoarthritis and rotator cuff tears with bone marrow concentrate and whole bone marrow injections. Cogent Medicine. 2019 Jan 1;6(1):1628883.U [Google Scholar]
- The Effect of Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy on Unresolved Wrist Pain Darrow M, Shaw B, Boeger G, Raspa S. The Effect of Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy on Unresolved Wrist Pain. Orthop Muscular Syst. 2019;8(268):2161-0533.
- Treatment of Unresolved Shoulder Pain with Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy Darrow M. Treatment of Unresolved Shoulder Pain with Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy. Orthop Spine Sports Med: JOSSM. 2019;118:2.
- Zoonotic Transmission of Turtle-Borne Edwardsiella tarda. Darrow M, Foulkes G, Ayoub M. Infect Med 10(4): 33-359 1993.
- Salmonella Osteomyelitis in an HLA-B27 Patient. Leckie R, Darrow M, Delaplain C. PMID: 8482035 Clin Nuc Med 18(4): 346-347, 1993.
- Thyroid Hemagenesis by Iodine-123 Thyroid Scan With High Resolution Real Time Ultrasound Confirmation. Leckie R, Deloplain C, Watabe J, Darrow M. PMID: 8432068 Clin Nuc Med 18(2), 1993.
- Atypcal infections of the Hand: 2 Cases. Darrow M, Foulkes G, Richmann P, De Los Reyes C, Ayoub M. PMID: 8776082 Am J Orthopaedics. December,1995, 914-7.
- Thyrotoxic Periodic Paralysis. Darrow M, Brammer WK, Rowley A. Arch Phys Med Rehab. Vol 76, July 1995.
- Magnetic Resonance in the Treatment of Calcific Tendonitis. Darrow M, Mevorak B. Complementary Health Practice Review, Vol. 9, No. 2, 129-137 (2004)
- Stem Cell and Platelet Therapy: Regenerate, Don’t Operate (Free Download)
- The Knee Source Book
- Prolotherapy: Living Pain Free
LECTURES AND PRESENTATIONS
For UCLA-VA PM&R Residents
- Prolotherapy Injections for Pain Management
- Back Pain: Non-Surgical Management
- Shoulder Pain & Imaging Methods. UCLA-VA PM&R Residents.
- Neurogenic Bladder and Spinal Cord Injury
- Physical Medicine Modalities
For University of Hawaii Biomedical Sciences Symposium
- Zoonotic Transmission of Turtle-Borne Edwardsiella tarda
For Musculoskeletal Infection Society Annual Scientific Meeting
- Atypcal infections of the Hand: 3 Cases
7th Annual Combined Orthopaedic Symposium
- Clinical Study on Low Back Pain Before and After Fusion and Wiltse Internal Stabilization
- Shoulder Strain: Prolotherapy is an effective, non-surgical option for wheelchair users with chronic shoulder pain.
–Advance for Directors in Rehabilitation February 2004, Vol. 13, No. 2, p. 49-52.
- Therapeutic ultrasound is a versatile tool with a range of uses.
-Advance for Directors in Rehabilitation March 2003, Vol. 12, No. 3, p. 61-62.
- Going the Distance, Overuse Knee Syndromes.
-Advance for Directors in Rehabilitation July 2004, Vol. 13, No. 7, p.27
- Pain Points: Injecting Relief.
–Advance for Directors in Rehabilitation July 2003, Vol. 12, No. 7, P.21
- Medical License: California & Hawaii
- Admitted to practice Law: California & New York
- American Academy of Orthopedic Medicine