Lisa B. Barr, M.D. is a native of Hampton Roads. She graduated from Eastern Virginia Medical School and was Chief Resident at Eastern Virginia in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. She has been an assistant professor in the Department of Pain Management & Rehabilitation since completing her residency in 1988. She is board certified in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
She is the founding partner of Advanced Pain Management & Rehabilitation and co-founder and medical director of the Spineworks Occupational Spine Rehabilitation program.
Dr. Barr holds memberships in several professional organizations including the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Physiatric Spine Sports and Orthopedic Rehabilitation, International Spinal Injection Society, AAOM, Tidewater Medical Women’s Society and the Medical Society of Virginia. She is active in local and state medical societies. She sits on several community boards and volunteers her time at The Beth Shalom Home. She frequently lectures on issues related to Pain Management and Sports Medicine. She has been listed repeatedly in Hampton Roads Top Docs, and nationally in Guide to Top Doctors, Consumers Checkbook’s Center for the Study of Services. With the help of her colleagues and staff, her professional focus is to continue to help “set the bar” in the ever changing world of treatment of painful musculoskeletal conditions. Outside of work she enjoys the great outdoors and spending time with family and friends.
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- PASSOR (Physiatric Association Spine, Sports, & Occupational Rehabilitation)
- International Spine Injection Society
- American Academy of Pain Management
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Orthopedic Medicine
- American Society of International Pain Management Physicians
- American Academy of Disability Evaluation Physicians
- American Medical Women’s Association, Tidewater Chapter
- Norfolk Academy of Medicine
- Medical Society of Virginia