Roeland Park, Kansas 66205
Dr. Reeves is one of the best known and leading researchers on Prolotherapy having published numerous studies on the technique. He received his BS and MD degrees from the University of Kansas, Kansas City, Kansas. Dr. Reeves holds a board certification from the American Academy of Pain Management and is board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and holds a Clinical (off-site) Associate Professorship in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation from the University of Kansas.
Dr. Reeves has spoken in Canada at the request of the Canadian Association of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, in London at the request of the British Institute of Musculoskeletal Medicine and in Kuwait at the request of the Kuwaiti Minister of Health and the Kuwaiti Rehabilitation Hospital. He has also participated in medical clinics for the underserved in Honduras on a number of occasions.
National organization lectures:
Dr. Reeves has lectured at national organization meetings such as the American Academy of Orthopaedic Medicine, American Academy of Craniofacial Pain, the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and the National Athletic Trainer’s Association.
Research and publication:
Dr. Reeves has authored a number of peer-reviewed publications, including double blind clinical trials on reconstructive injection, in journals such as the Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Biomechanics, Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, North American Clinics in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Medicine, and the Journal of Orthopaedic Medicine. He has authored chapters in several current pain management texts.
Copies of research and publications that Dr. Reeves has authored or coauthored in regenerative injection therapy (prolotherapy) are available on his web site at www.drreeves.com. The following is a list according to type of publication. IE research studies, summary articles and chapters on technique of prolotherapy in current medical textbooks.
- Miller MR, Matthews RS, Reeves KD Treatment of painful advanced internal lumbar disc derangement with intradiscal injection of hypertonic dextrose. Pain Physician. 2006;9(2):115-121.
- Topol GA, Reeves KD, Hassanein K. Efficacy of Dextrose Prolotherapy in Elite Male Kicking-Sport Athletes With Chronic Groin Pain. Archives Phys Med Rehabil. 2005;86:697-702.
- Miller MR, Matthews RS, Reeves KD Dextrose 25% for pain of degenerative disc disease. In Savetz MH, Chiu JC, Yeung (Eds). The Practice of Minimally Invasive Spinal Technique . (2nd Edition.), New York; Aamiss Press;2005:379-383.
- Reeves KD, Hassanein K. Long term effects of dextrose prolotherapy for anterior cruciate ligament laxity: A prospective and consecutive patient study. Altern Ther Health Med (United States). May-Jun 2003, 9(3) p58-62.
- Reeves KD, Hassanein K. Randomized prospective double-blind placebo-controlled study of dextrose prolotherapy for knee osteoarthritis with or without ACL laxity. Alt Ther Hlth Med. 2000;6(2):68-80.
- Reeves KD, Hassanein K. Randomized, prospective, placebo-controlled double-blind study on dextrose prolotherapy for osteoarthritic thumb and finger (dip, pip, and trapeziometacarpal) joints: evidence of clinical efficacy. Jnl Alt Compl Med. 2000 6(4): (311-320).
- Reeves KD, Harris AL. (Abs) Recurrent Dislocation of Total Knee Prostheses In a Large Patient: Case Report of Dextrose Proliferant Use. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1997; Vol 78.
- Reeves KD. Treatment of Consecutive Severe Fibromyalgia Patients With Prolotherapy. The Journal of Orthopaedic Medicine. 16(3):84-89, 1994.
- Reeves KD, Fullerton BD, Topol GA, Bancroft G. Study seeks treatment to keep athletes in the game. The effects of Osgood-Schlatter disease can extend beyond resolution of pain to a patient’s sports career. Biomechanics. 2006; 13(4):31-39.
- Reeves KD Sweet Relief: Prolotherapy Targets Sprains and Strains. Biomechanics. 2004(9):24-35.
- Reeves KD Prolotherapy for patients with musculoskeletal disorders. Jnl Musculoskel Med. 2002(Oct):390-391.
- Reeves KD. Prolotherapy: Present and Future Applications in Soft Tissue Pain and Disability. In Weinstein SM(ed) North American Clinics in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 1995;6(4):917-926.
Chapters in Medical Textbooks
- Reeves KD. Prolotherapy: Regenerative injection therapy. In: Waldman SD (ed): Pain Management. Philadelphia; Saunders (Elsevier); 2007:1106-1127.
- Reeves KD Prolotherapy: Basic Science, Clinical Studies, and Technique. In Lennard TA(Ed). Pain Procedures in Clinical Practice. (2nd Ed.) Philadelphia; Hanley and Belfus;2000:172-190.
- Reeves KD: Technique of Prolotherapy. In Lennard TA(ed): Physiatric Procedures in Clinical Practice. Philadelphia. Hanley and Belfus, 1995:57-70.