Fellowship Community Associates
241 Hungry Hollow Road
Chestnut Ridge (Spring Valley), New York 10977
Medical Office number 845-356-8494 (Extension #1)
Practicing: PRP, Pure PRP, Prolotherapy, Prolozone, Neural Therapy and OTM, Nutritional Medicine, Functional Medicine, Ultrasound guided injections, Regenerative Medicine Testing and Treatment, Placental tissue matrix injections
Relevant Professional Background
- Member (AOAPRM) American Osteopathic Association of Prolotherapy and Regenerative Medicine – Lecturer and Clinical Instructor AOAPRM Training 2014
- Member (IOMA) Indiana Osteopathic Medical Association – Lecturer on Prolotherapy, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), Stromal Cell Injections and Nutrition 2014
- Member (KOMA) Kentucky Osteopathic Association and Lecturer on Prolotherapy, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), Stromal Cell Injections and Nutrition 2012
- Board Physicians Association for Anthroposophic Medicine 2009-2014 Lectures on Mesotherapy, Trigger Point therapy and Musculoskeletal Medicine 2010
- Clinical Instructor European Biological-Functional Medicine 2002-2005
- Member American Osteopathic Association
- Board Certified/ American Holistic Medical Association Certification
- Chief Medical Resident, Internal Medicine – University of Massachusetts-MCCM
- 1993-1996 – Medical School KCOM 1989-93
Sample of Regions and Problems Treated
- Neck Injuries and Whiplash
- TMJ issues
- Shoulder and Rotator Cuff
- Clavicle injures
- Wrist and hand injuries
- Rib injuries
- Low Back
- Sacrum and Tailbone
- Hip and Pelvic injuries/OA
- Knee Injuries-All ligaments
- Meniscal Tears
- Foot and Ankle injuries
Dr. Johnson is a respected international Lecturer and Clinical Instructor with extensive training, practice and teaching experience in Prolotherapy and Platelet Rich Plasma over the past 12 years. He developed the Evergreen Medical Centre in Indiana to offer an Integrative approach to medicine where conventional and complimentary medical modalities could be offered side by side in a professional, caring and individualized clinical setting. Dr. Johnson has brought this same healing philosophy to his new practice in Chestnut Ridge, New York at the Fellowship Community Associates.
Dr. Johnson is a successful recipient/patient himself of prolotherapy and PRP treatment. This inspired him to learn this technique and he has performed thousands treatments. These treatments represent the forefront of regenerative medicine and have helped many famous athletes as well as thousands of suffering people across the country without steroids or reconstructive surgery. This approach is “salutogenic” meaning it treats the origin and cause of a disease not just the symptoms which is why it is a privilege to offer this to patients.
What is Prolotherapy and Platelet rich Plasma – How does it reduce pain ?
Utilized by professional athletes, weekend warriors and people with difficult chronic injuries prolotherapy is a growing modality of regenerative medicine. Using a hypertonic glucose solution injections are made to the ligaments, tendons and joints causing the growth and strengthening of these connective tissues and reducing inflammation and the pain it causes. In some cases even the cartilage surface of joints improves. With platelet rich plasma (PRP) the growth factors of your blood are isolated after a simple blood draw and delivered in a concentrated way to the injured area repairing tendon tears, ligament tears and joint surfaces. These techniques are very safe and much less painful then imagined and the potential to reduce pain and improve function are immense. The period of regeneration is about 10-14 weeks and continues for many , many months and the changes are permanent in most cases. Depending on the injury significant improvement occurs over 1-4 months. Injections are 2-4 weeks apart in general and the number of injections depends upon the injury. Usually 3-6 is common.