320 Oswego Pointe Dr.
Lake Oswego, OR 97034
Dr. Noel Peterson has practiced naturopathic medicine in Lake Oswego, since 1978. He serves as the Medical Director of the Center for Traditional Medicine P.C., a multi-discipline practice dedicated to empowering people to create optimal health through education, inspiration, and natural therapy.
He has specialized in Prolotherapy since the year 2000 and in Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) since 2006. Dr. Peterson is Certified in Prolotherapy by the American Association of Orthopedic Medicine. He served as board member for the Naturopathic Academy of Naturopathic Injection, and is a long standing member of the American Association of Orthopedic Medicine.
He is a Diplomat of the American Academy of Pain Management (DAAPM).
In 2009, he was honored with the first annual NCNM Alumni Association award for “The Most Innovative and Groundbreaking Naturopathic Clinical Practice”
Dr. Peterson is respected by his peers and has served his patients and the public in many capacities. He trained in martial arts for 20 years and is an accomplished windsurfer and snowboarder.
He understands first-hand the special challenges facing athletes of all ages. His interest in prolotherapy began when he developed serious life-threatening injuries that required more than orthopedic surgery to heal. After rehabilitation and prolotherapy treatments he has been able to resume all of his sports without pain or restriction.
Dr. Peterson’s passion in medicine is finding the source of his patients’ conditions. To accomplish this, he first listens to the patients’ story, learning the nuances of their physical and emotional condition. He openly thinks out loud, letting the client know what he’s thinking, what tests are appropriate, and maps out a strategy to find the sources of their condition. He utilizes all manner of physical and laboratory testing to discover the metabolic, nutritional, hormonal and mechanical disorders of his patients.
Private Practice Lake Oswego, Oregon, 1978- Present.
Director of the Center for Traditional Medicine, a multi discipline practice specializing in prolotherapy and dedicated to empowering people to create optimal health through education, inspiration, and natural therapy.
- Doctor Of Naturopathic Medicine National College of Naturopathic Medicine, 1978; Portland, Oregon
- Certification in Prolotherapy, American Association of Orthopaedic Medicine, October 2010
- Diplomat, American Academy of Pain Management
- Bachelor of Science Kansas Newman College; Wichita, Kansas
- President, Oregon Association of Naturopathic Physicians Three-one year terms (1979-1982). Duties included leadership in legislative initiatives, governmental relations and public education about the role of Naturopathic Medicine in Oregon health care.
- Medical Director, Portland Naturopathic Clinic National College of Naturopathic Medicine, 1984-1987. Chief administrator of the colleges teaching clinic, responsible for the quality of care, staffing, budget, facilities management, and clinical education of naturopathic medical students.
- Board Member, Oregon Board of Naturopathic Examiners. Appointed to a 3-year term by Governor Neil Goldschmidt in 1988 to the five member licensing board, responsible for administrating ORS-685, the naturopathic licensing act. Reappointed by Governor Barbara Roberts to a second 3-year term in 1991.
- Served as chair of Budget, Administrative Rule, and College Review committees until 1994. Naturopathic physicians practice under one of the oldest professional license laws in the State of Oregon, first written in 1927.
- Board Member, Council on Naturopathic Medical Education Served as Vice President and Secretary to the council and its Commission on Accreditation, 1989-1994. The CNME is the only recognized naturopathic medical school accrediting body in the world, and operates under the U.S. Department of Education. CNME serves as the accrediting body for all U.S. and Canadian colleges of Naturopathic medicine. Its primary mission is to protect the public by promoting a standard of excellence in naturopathic medical education.
- Board Member, American Association of Naturopathic Physicians, 2000-2006. The AANP mission is to serve its members by advancing the profession of naturopathic medicine and preserving its integrity. Our vision is to transform the healthcare system from a disease management system to a comprehensive health program incorporating the vis medicatrix naturae, the healing power of nature.
- Physician Reviewer, Lumetra. Lumetra is a healthcare consulting organization dedicated to improving the quality, safety, and integrity of healthcare. We provide brighter insights for better healthcare across the United States. Our work, capabilities, and services are at the vanguard of our nation’s efforts to transform the delivery, administration, and future of healthcare. Our clients recognize us for providing comprehensive services and innovative solutions. An independent, nonprofit organization with more than two decades of experience, Limeira offers a broad array of services to public and private organizations. www.lumetra.com/about-lumetra
- “Combination glutathione and anthocyanins as an alternative for skin care during external beam radiation”, T. Miko Enomoto, MD Thomas Johnson MD, Noel Peterson ND, Louis Homer MD, Deb Walts RN, and Nathalie Johnson MD , American Journal of Surgery, Volume 189, Number 5; 627-631.
- Combined Glutathione and Anthocyanins: An Improved Alternative for Skin Care During External Beam Radiation, Radiological Society of North America Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, 2008- A collaborative 150 patient placebo controlled double-blind study at Kaiser Hospitals and Legacy Hospitals
- Standardized In-office Method of Platelet Rich Plasma Preparation, Noel Peterson ND, Dean Reeves MD, Frank Nordt, PhD A human subject Western IRB approved study currently in data collection.
- Associate Professor in Clinical Neurology, National College of Naturopathic Medicine; Portland, Oregon; 1979-1983.
- Faculty, NATI Prolotherapy workshops, Naturopathic Academy of Therapeutic Injection, 2005-present.
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Oregon Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- American Association of Orthopedic Medicine
- American Academy of Pain Management
- Naturopathic Association of Therapeutic Injection
Presented the following topics:
- Knee Rehabilitation and Prolotherapy, NATI Module 4, Portland OR May 2009
- Prolotherapy Assessment and Treatment of the Elbow, NATI Module 2, Vancouver BC, October 2007
- A Walk in the PARQ: informed consent in naturopathic injection therapy. NATI Conference Module II, Phoenix AZ, Aug 2005
- Reduced Glutathione and Anthocyanins in Skin Care During External Beam Radiation, AANP Annual Convention, Phoenix AZ 2005.
- Prolotherapy: Assessment and Treatment of the Elbow, NATI Conference Module II, Portland, OR June 2006
- Migraine Headaches, an Integrated Naturopathic Approach NCNM Homecoming Elders Conference, June 1997 NCNM, Portland, Oregon
- Advanced Institute on Geriatric Care Management: Clinical and Ethical Challenges National Association of Geriatric Care Managers Annual Meeting, May 19-21, 1996; Portland, Oregon
- Progesterone in Premature Labor NCNM O.B. Symposium, 1991, Portland, Oregon
- Thyroid Function Pregnancy and Postnatal Mothers MANA Conference (Midwives Alliance of North America), February 19, 1989, Portland. Oregon
- Naturopathic Treatment of Otitis Media NCNM Pediatrics Symposium, Oct. 29, 1988. Portland, Oregon