278 Franklin Road, Suite 150
Brentwood, TN 37027
Dr. Johnson grew up in Dothan, Alabama. He attended Emory University on a National Merit Scholarship. After receiving his M.D. from the University of Alabama in Birmingham, he completed his General Surgery internship at the University of Kentucky in Lexington, and his Urology residency at the University of Illinois in Chicago. He has had extensive postgraduate training in laparoscopic and robotic surgery. He is a member of numerous professional organizations, including the American College of Osteopathic Sclerotheroputic Pain Management, the American College of Surgeons, the American Urological Association, the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, the Tennessee Medical Association, and the Davidson County Medical Society. He has been guest lecturer at Pirigov Medical Institute, Vinnitsa, Ukraine. He has also taught on spiritual topics at the Centers for Leadership Development in Kiev, Ukraine and Harkov, Ukraine. Dr. Johnson served for several years on the board of directors of the Institute for Leadership Development, which created these centers. Dr. Johnson enjoys many outdoor activities—fishing, hunting, camping, Scouting, and other outdoor sports—most of which are enjoyed in the context of raising the family. He and Holley are members of Christ Community Church in Franklin.
- Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia; National Merit Scholarship.
- University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama; 1981.
- Surgery, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky.
- Urology, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois.
- Fellow in the American College of Surgeons
- American Urological Association. Tennessee Urological Association
- Nashville Surgical Society
- Davidson County Medical Society
- Tennessee Medical Assoc.
- Association of American Physicians and Surgeons
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- American College of Osteopathic Sclerotherapeutic Pain Management.
- Preceptorship with Dr. Ross Hauser, Chicago, Illinois in Prolotherapy
- Basic Laparoscopy Surgery training, Nashville, TN
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery training, University of Connecticuit
- Da Vinci basic and advanced Robot-assisted laparoscopic surgery training, Houston, Texas.
OFFICES AND TEACHING:
- Guest lecturer, Pirigov Medical University, Vinnitsa, Ukraine
- Principal Investigator, Technomed 3000 Lithotripter, for FDA trials, Lithotripter Services of Hampton Roads
- Tennessee Urological Representative to the Medicare Advisory Committee, 1994-1999
- Resident Coordinator, National Prostate Cancer Project, Chicago, Illinois.