Dr. Donaldson began his educational career at the University of Oregon where he obtained a B.S. in Sports Medicine and Biology and played collegiate volleyball. He then worked in the Physical Therapy & Fitness Training field for several years before entering medical school at the National College of Naturopathic Medicine where he received his doctorate (ND).
Naturopathic doctors (NDs) go through a very similar rigorous educational & clinical training to allopathic doctors (MDs). However, NDs employ a more holistic philosophy on health and disease and utilize more natural therapeutic methods that stimulate the body’s natural ability to heal producing tremendous, lasting results.
Dr. Donaldson incorporates this approach with each patient by addressing the whole person and ALL aspects of their health & the pain continuum. He practices general family medicine, but specializes in chronic pain with specific interests in sports injuries, back pain, sciatica, headaches, arthritis, fibromyalgia, as well as the sleep & emotional disorders associated with chronic pain.
His ultimate goal is to find the underlying cause of pain & dysfunction of these and other conditions, and then develop personalized treatment strategies accordingly. Attention is centered on reversing & preventing further dysfunction through patient education, posture alignment, and the implementation of various therapeutic modalities and appropriate dietary & lifestyle modifications that guide his patients towards optimal and lasting wellness.
In addition, Dr. Donaldson has a passion for education and has been an Adjunct Professor at Cabrillo College and the Five Branches Institute since 2006. He also gives community lectures on various health topics & offers Corporate Wellness Programs throughout the Santa Cruz & Bay Areas.
SPECIALIZED THERAPEUTIC SERVICES:
- Myofascial Release Techniques
- Prolotherapy & Neural Therapy
- Low Level Laser Therapy
- Structural/Postural Re-Balancing
- Trigger Point Injections
- Nutritional I.V. Therapy
- Meditation & Guided Imagery for Pain
- Stress & Lifestyle Counseling
- Nutritional Counseling
- Metabolic Detoxiﬁcation
- American Association of Orthopaedic Medicine (AAOM)
- California Naturopathic Doctors Association (CNDA)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Naturopathic Doctors International (NDI)
- Prolotherapy for Chronic Myofascial Pain Clinical Intravenous
- Micronutrient Therapy Therapeutic Meditation for Physicians Bio-Linguistic Kinesiology
INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEER MEDICAL WORK:
- Peru- Lima & Arequipa Community Clinics (2003) Mexico- Los Llanos Centro de Salud (2007)