Dr. Kramer practices Orthopedic Medicine (non-surgical orthopedics) and Natural Pain Medicine. A specialist in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Dr. Kramer uses Prolotherapy/Prolozone , Neural therapy and other specialized techniques to successfully treat pain.
Expertise and Experience:
- Named a “Top Doctor” in Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine and is included in the Guide to Top Doctors in the U.S.
- Over 27 years of experience in sports and musculoskeletal pain medicine, over 20 years of Prolotherapy experience.
- M.D. from University of Minnesota Medical School (currently an Adjunct Associate Professor).
- Mayo Clinic residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Pain Medicine, and Medical Acupuncture.
- Founded the Sports Medicine Center, Low Back Clinic and Acupuncture program at Park Nicollet Clinic in the 1990′s — one of the largest multi-specialty clinics in the U.S.
- Trained in Prolotherapy (Hackett technique) in courses and preceptorships with Dr. Gustav Hemwall and Dr. Ross Hauser. Dr. Kramer has been using this prolotherapy technique in his practice since 1992 and continues to do so. He is one of less than 50 doctors certified in Prolotherapy by the American Assoc. of Orthopedic Medicine.
- Trained in Neural Therapy with Doctors Huneke, Fischer, and Hauser.
- Certified in Prolozone treatments by American Academy of Ozonotherapy.
- Volunteers in medical missions to developing nations.
If you suffer from…
- Persistent or recurrent nagging back and neck pain
- Disk herniations, degenerative disc disease, whiplash, pinched nerves or nerve pain
- Resistant muscle strains and sprains or tendonitis
- Tennis elbow, golfers’ back, runners’ knee, or plantar fasciitis
- Degenerative arthritis: hip, knee, ankle, shoulder, foot, hand or bunions
- Headaches, TMJ, post-herpetic neuralgia, reflex sympathetic dystrophy or fibromyalgia
- Patricia B. – “Dr. George H. Kramer saw me in October of 2003 for a variety of problems associated with degenerative joint disease and previous injuries.” In the past “I have used heat/cold, ibuprofen, taping, stretches, and splinting to get relief of symptoms. I contacted Dr. Kramer to discuss the use of Prolotherapy on all areas of discomfort for me. Relief from discomfort in all areas has been excellent. I have been able to dance, play tennis and golf and resume walking on a treadmill for 45 minutes to an hour daily. I would recommend this type of treatment for anyone experiencing discomfort of any kind. This is an excellent alternative to cortisone shots or surgery and seems to be more successful to me. Dr. Kramer is wonderful to work with. He is kind, personable, caring and a very spiritual person as well. I have never trusted a doctor as I trust him.”
- Phyllis B. – “I searched for a therapy that would treat tibel tendonitis after being treated for ten years with podiatry, orthopedic, chiropractic and physical therapy. My condition deteriorated to the point of walking with pain and constant inflammation in my leg, ankle, and foot. I tried cortisone injections, ultra sound, medication, physical therapy and a brace. Dr. Kramer provided Prolotherapy to my affected areas. Improvement started after the third series of injections. I had six series of injections over a period of six months. I found Dr. Kramer to be very professional with giving injections and very caring for my health. I recommend Prolotherapy to anyone with chronic pain instead of surgery.”
- Gary T. – “I was diagnosed with trigger thumb in both of my thumbs. I received cortisone injections into my thumbs only giving me temporary relief. I then had surgery on my left thumb in February 2004 and it was successful. In April 2004 the snapping and locking symptoms returned to my right thumb. After a consultation with Dr. Kramer, I decided to receive Prolotherapy injections in my right thumb. Within a week my thumb was feeling better and the snapping and locking symptoms were near gone. A second injection was needed and now 6-months later my thumb is totally free of any previous symptoms. After having surgery and Prolotherapy injections, I can say that my right thumb, which received the Prolotherapy injections, has more movement than my left thumb, which had surgery on it due to the lack of scar tissue. I really do recommend checking out alternatives before surgery. Dr. Kramer and his staff are truly great caregivers and get results.”
- Juanita B. – “I have arthritis in both knees, so all doctors I went to gave me shots of cortisone. It wasn’t helping, so I was told I would need surgery. I didn’t care to have my knees cut open and replaced with ‘whatever.’ Then I read an article on Prolotherapy and was able to find a doctor right here in town! Dr. George Kramer has worked on me since January 2004 and I don’t have any pain in my knees anymore. I’m also now doing my shopping, errands, etc; things I was unable to do before… and no surgery. There is another way.”
A Note from Dr. Kramer:
“Prolotherapy is the best treatment I’ve found for musculoskeletal pain. I have spent years treating people with difficult pain problems, and prolotherapy and prolozone are treatments that can truly cure and heal chronic pain, not just temporarily cover up or manage the pain.”
Visit my website www.georgekramermd.com or call 952.767.4800 for more information or to schedule an appointment.