6829 Elm Street, Suite 300
McLean, Virginia 22101
Board Certification: Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Membership in Professional Societies:
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Association of Orthopedic Medicine
- American Osteopathic Association of Prolotherapy Integrative Pain Management
- The Hackett Hemwall Foundation
- American Academy of Medical Acupuncture
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
A nationally regarded expert in the treatment of musculoskeletal pain, Dr. Wang returned home to Northern Virginia in early 2011 to join the Kaplan Center for Integrative Medicine in McLean, VA. Prior to this, he had established a successful practice in musculoskeletal, sports and rehabilitative medicine at two Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals and served as an instructor at Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Wang is an international leader in the growing field of regenerative injection therapy, including Prolotherapy and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injection, novel treatments that promote the natural healing of tendon, ligament, and joint injuries. He is also skilled in diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound, osteopathic manual medicine, and medical acupuncture.
A gifted teacher, he donates much of his time and expertise to training physicians from around the world in regenerative injection therapy during medical mission programs that provide critically needed medical services to underserved people in Honduras and Mexico. Dr. Wang is frequently invited to lecture locally and nationally, and he has published clinical training guides on Prolotherapy as well as textbook chapters on musculoskeletal medicine, spine care, and acupuncture.
Dr. Wang is a long-time practitioner of the martial arts and holds black belts in both Taekwondo and Hsing-I Kung Fu. Having suffered through several chronic injuries during his youth, he has an empathetic understanding of the physical pain that many patients must endure, even while striving to help patients heal so they can reclaim their lives and re-engage in their life passions. With his extensive knowledge, clinical expertise, and supportive attitude, Dr. Wang offers a truly integrative approach to anyone suffering with acute and chronic pain problems.
Training/Teaching in Prolotherapy:
- Mar 2010: Clinic director, Chief instructor Hackett Hemwall Foundation International Prolotherapy Mission, Olanchito, Honduras
- Mar 2011, Mar 2009,Mar 2008: Clinic instructor, Hackett Hemwall Foundation International Prolotherapy Mission, Olanchito, Honduras
- Mar 2007: Participant, Hackett Hemwall Foundation International Prolotherapy Mission, Olanchito, Honduras
- Jan 2011, Jan 2010: Clinic instructor, Hackett Hemwall Foundation International Prolotherapy Mission, Guadalajara, Mexico
- Jan 2008: Participant: Hackett Hemwall Foundation International Prolotherapy Mission, Guadalajara, Mexico
- Nov 2009: Clinic instructor, Assistant clinic organizer, American Association of Orthopedic Medicine International Hands-on Prolotherapy Course, Ciudad Guzman, Mexico
- Oct 2010, Oct 2009, Oct 2008: Lecturer, Lab Instructor, Prolotherapy for Chronic Myofascial Pain, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- Oct 2007: Participant, Prolotherapy for Chronic Myofascial Pain, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- Apr 2010, Apr 2009, Apr 2008, Apr 2007, Apr 2006: Participant, American Association of Orthopedic Medicine Annual Conference